Mary Beth Schmidt
9:05-3:45 Friday 9:05 - 1:30
Ongoing registration throughout the year
United as a community and staff, Woodrow Wilson supports each student’s journey in becoming responsible, contributing citizens. We celebrate diversity by encouraging fine arts, technology, and academic excellence.
Before and after school tutoring, study hall, technology, crafts, music, art, and sports
Boy Scouts and Learning for Life programs offered
Ballroom dancing for students
Community Learning Center offering Zumba, Yoga, parenting classes, and ESL classes for adults
Woodrow Wilson was rebuilt as part of the Granite Education Center in 2005. The original Woodrow Wilson was opened in 1925 in South Salt Lake. Wilson is a culturally diverse Title I school serving refugees and students from over 25 countries.
Approximately 750 students , K – 6, attend Woodrow Wilson. Two full day and 4 half-day sessions of kindergarten are offered. In addition, 4 sessions of preschool for 3 and 4 year old children are offered.
FILIPINO (PILIPINO) 1
PERSIAN (FARSI) 4
UDUK (TWAMPA) 1
An instructional computer labs are available for student use. All classrooms have additional computer workstations. Most students in grades 3-6 participate in the eMints technology program and classrooms are equipped with student computer work stations. Approximately 50% of student work is completed on computers in the eMINTS classrooms. Other classrooms use iPADS and iPODS in their daily instruction.
Awards and Distinctions
- District model school in technology, art and best teaching practices
- eMINTS technology in grades 3-6, plus two 34 station computer labs. Imagine Learning and Success Maker, technology programs for English Language Learners, is offered in the labs and classrooms. Students also use the computer labs extensively for testing purposes.
- Home of Granite's Excel Winner and Teacher of the year for 2010 and 2012
- Recipient of the Beverly Taylor Sorensen art grant - All students receive art instruction weekly and participate in an annual art festival (see video clip of The Parade of the Species).
- Kindergarten and third grade students participate weekly in the Tanner Dance instruction program with culminating performances by each class.
- All 5th grade students participate weekly in the Ballet West instruction program with a performance in March.
- National Family Literacy site with ESL classes for adults, parenting instruction and side-by-side learning with their child in the classroom
- Outstanding business partnerships with the East Millcreek Community; South Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce, Business Women's Organization, Police, Fire and Rotary Club; O.C. Tanner; Boing Airlines; the Granite Technical Institute; Priority Dispatch; and Wasatch Junior High
Students promoted form Woodrow Wilson attend Granite Park Junior High and Cottonwood High School.