Board Meeting – September 4, 2013
Representatives from the Granite Education Foundation gave a report on the Foundation’s recent projects and initiatives to the board. Presentation
Donnette McNeill-Waters, director of Human Resources, gave a staffing report to the board. Presentation
Ben Horsley, director of Communications, presented results of the Community School Satisfaction Survey to the board. Presentation
The board convened into an executive session.
The board recognized Howard Driggs Elementary second grade teacher Anne Reese as the 2013 Teacher of the Year.
- Fertilizing and weed control, Trugreen, $62,900.00, Maintenance and Operations budget
- Computer equipment for Information Systems Department, Hewlett-Packard Company, $75,750.40, Information Systems Department, Capital Outlay Equipment budget
- Learning management system licenses, Utah Education Network, $167,004.00, Information Systems Data Processing budget
- Destiny software licenses, Follett Software, $55,177.35, Elementary Media, Secondary Media, and Technical Services budgets
- Tableau data reporting tool, Tableau Software, Inc., $149,500.00, Information Systems, Capital Outlay budget
- New preschool classroom set up, Beecon Learning, LLC, $100,434.00, United Way Service agreement
- Hartvigsen fully accessible playground equipment, Sonntag & Associates, $75,000.00, November 2009 bond funds
- Tennis court resurfacing at Cyprus and Skyline high schools, Parkin Construction, $100,000.00, Capital Outlay budget
- MyAccess online writing software licenses, Vantage Technologies, $88,200.00, Teaching and Learning budget
- District-wide calling system, Blackboard Connect, Inc., $98,472.00, Information Systems Department, Capital Outlay Equipment budget
Bryce Holbrook, director of Planning and Boundaries, presented a boundary process report to the board.
The board adopted the fiscal policies manual as it has been updated as required by the State. Changes to the Procurement Fiscal Policy at Adoption, Fiscal Policy Manual
The board reviewed the Salt Lake County Magna Community Development Area and no action was taken.
The board approved a second reading of the School Community Council policy as presented by Ben Horsley, director of Communications.