Board Report – October 1, 2013
Charlene Lui, director of Educational Equity, gave a report on the Tumaini Transition Center the to the board.
Curriculum & Instruction specialists Sheri Sorensen, Angie Osness and Dee Rigdon gave a report on math investigation centers to the board.
The board recognized October 21-25 as Principals’ Week. The board read an official proclamation and watched a video presentation prepared by Ben Horsley, director of Communications.
- Cars for Driver’s Education Program, Young Chevrolet, $74,863.20, Driver’s Education Program
- Vans for carpentry shop, Young Chevrolet, $59,825.40, Transportation budget
- Reading classic van service bodies, Semi Service, Inc., $51,055.64, Transportation budget
- Check point security system for Information Systems Department, DirSec, Inc., $53,685.21, Information Systems Department, Capital Outlay Equipment budget
- Alignment equipment for Granger High School, Mohawk Resources, $57,962.02, New School Equipment budget
- Professional development services for Granger High School, Conditions 4 Learning, not to exceed $120,000.00 annually, Title I-A funds
Doug Larson, director of Policy & Legal Services, presented a first reading on the Jury Duty policy to the board.
The board approved the Salt Lake County Magna Community Development Resolution.