Bryce Holbrook, Director of Planning & Boundaries, presented an initial report from the Annual Student Population Analysis Committee to the board.
Reverence – Kearns Junior High Silent Heroes essayist Alex Napoles
- Textbooks for the 2014-2015 school year, Mountain State Schoolbook Depository, as needed basis
- Online testing for advanced learners, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, $51,338.50, Curriculum & Instruction and Student Assessment budgets
- Computers for the 2014-2015 school year, utilizing state contracts on an as needed basis, Educational Technology Department, Information Systems Department or school funds
- Computer equipment for the Information Systems Department, Summit Partners, $91,441.00, Information Systems, Capital Outlay Equipment budget
- LANDesk software licenses, maintenance and support, Network Consulting Services, $167,043.20, Information Systems Data Processing and Technical Service Maintenance Contracts budget
- Learning management system license, Utah Education Network, $165,486.00, Information Systems, Data Processing, Capital Outlay budget
- CommVault backup software, Valcom, $55,830.12, Information Systems, Data Processing Service, Capital Outlay budget
- Microsoft Azure software, En Pointe Technologies, $101,808.00, Information Systems, Data Processing, Capital Outlay budget
- Two school buses, Bryson Sales and Service, $238,362.00, Transportation Department’s School Bus fund
- Vehicle fuel purchases for the 2014-2015 school year, State of Utah fuel dispensing program, purchases will come from respective departments
- Custodial equipment, Brady Industries, $101,344.39, Custodial budget
- Carpet cleaning services, Double Take Carpet Cleaning, $172,000.00, Custodial Operation of Building Services budget
- Annual linen needs, G & K Services, Custodial Services budget
- Food purchases for the 2014-2015 school year, state contracts, district contracts, lowest bidders who meet or exceed specifications, on an as needed basis, School Foods fund
- Upgrade narrow-banding and add GPS throughout Granite School District, Radio Communications, $53,696.00, Police Security, Capital Outlay Equipment budget
- Parking lot improvement for the s-Step Program, Kilgore Paving, $99,842.00, Property Management Department Capital Outlay budget
- Blue Bird school bus parts, Bryson Sales & Service, $50,000.00, Repair Parts budget
- Annual purchase of milk for the School Foods program, Meadow Gold, $1,925,000.00, School Lunch fund
- Food Services management company, Sodexo America, $1,139,501.00, School Lunch fund
- Reappointment of Dr. Martin Bates as Superintendent
- Ratification of negotiations with Granite Education Support Professionals Association (GESPA)
- Approval of salary schedules for other employee groups
- August 2014 Board of Education Meeting change date (August 5, 2014 meeting changed to August 7, 2014)
|Name||Current Assignment||New Assignment||Replacing||Who Transferred To||Effective Date|
|Leslie Bell||Principal, Redwood Elementary||Director, Teacher Induction, Intervention & Support||Annette Brinkman||Retirement||7/1/2015|
Mitch Robison, Director of Budget Development, presented the proposed 2014-2015 budget to the board. The budget has been available on the district’s website since June 1 to provide the public an opportunity to view and comment on the document.
After presenting the proposed budget, the board opened the meeting to public comment. There were no public comments, and the board voted to adopt the budget, and scheduled a tax hearing for August 7, 2014.
The full budget can be viewed here.
The board approved a first reading of the School Community Council policy as presented by Ben Horsley, Director of Communications.