Kieth Bradshaw, Director of Risk & Property Management, presented an Enrollment Report to the board.
Bill Kenley, Director of Administrator Onboarding, gave a report on the Leadership Development Program to the board.
Reverence – Rosecrest Elementary Musical Group
The board recognized the Olympus High Girls Tennis Team for winning the 4A state championship.
The board recognized November 17-21, 2014, as American Education Week.
The board recognized November 19, 2014, as National Education Support Professionals Day.
The board recognized Granite Education Foundation’s 2014 Outstanding Classified Employees:
Martha Howard, Transportation Driver
Aaron Cameron, Warehouse Manager
Val Westover, Cottonwood High Custodian
Bart Rose, Lead Painter
- Cab and chassis truck for Electric Shop, Rush International Truck Center, $63,281.42, Transportation budget
- Aerial lift for the Electric Shop cab and chassis, Legacy Equipment Company, $95,898.00, Transportation budget
- Crack seal work at 25 locations, M&M Asphalt, $143,100.00; Morgan Pavement, $30,610.00; Top Job Asphalt, $11,819.00, Capital Outlay budget
- Copy machines for secondary schools, Pacific Office Automation, $225,296.69, Printing Services fund
- Employee benefits insurance, GBS Benefits, Inc., $60,000.00, Non-Instructional Professional Services budget
- Computer lab remodel at Kearns High School, JC Construction, $153,795.00, Capital Outlay budget
Sale of condominiums: 3964, 3954, and 3948 Summerspring Lane
Mark Manning, Director of High Schools, presented a report on school start time research to the board.
Gail Howe, Director of Elementary Schools, and Mark Manning, Director of High Schools, presented calendar options for the 2016-2017 school year to the board.
The board approved a first reading of the Population Analysis Committee’s recommended solutions for the Bennion Jr. High feeder pattern as presented by Steve Hogan, Director of Planning & Boundaries.
The board approved a first reading of the 2015-2016 Secondary Fee Schedule as presented by Mark Manning, Director of High Schools.
The board approved a first reading of the Search & Seizure policy as presented by Doug Larson, Director of Policy & Legal Services.
The board approved a revision of the 2015-2016 school calendar as presented by Gail Howe, Director of Elementary Schools.
The board approved a second reading of the Class Size policy as presented by Doug Larson, Director of Policy & Legal Services.