Spring sport Academic All-State teams have been announced and Granite had a great showing with 22 student athletes winning honors. Some special performances for the year:
- Taylorsville High student Marisa Hasebi was a three sport academic all-state recipient in Soccer, Basketball, and Track & Field.
- Kearns High student Tristin Evans was a three sport academic all-state recipient in Tennis, Basketball, and Softball.
- Cyprus High student Juan Rodriquez was a three sport academic all-state recipient in Cross Country, Swimming, Track & Field.
- Kearns High lead Granite’s overall total with 10 Academic All-State student athletes.
- Granite District finished the year with 48 total Academic All-State student athletes.
Individuals are selected for the award based on athletic ability and academic proficiency. Here’s the list of Granite School District recipients for 2017 spring sports:
Girls Track & Field
Marisa Hasebi (3x) – Taylorsville High School
Hannah Huber (2x) – Cyprus High School
Boys Track & Field
Anthony Do (2x) – Taylorsville High School
Jacob Garfield – Cottonwood High School
Chandler Paskett (2x) – Kearns High School
Juan Rodriquez (3x) – Cyprus High School
Taylor VanderToolen – Olympus High School
Tristan Evans (3x) – Kearns High School
Matthew Clawson – Granger High School
Cade Cousins – Granger High School
Mitchell Lindsey – Granger High School
Isaac Pingree (2x) – Olympus High School
Sydney Bell – Granger High School
Anna Disera – Cyprus High School
Alora Easton – Cyprus High School
Dakota Smith – Taylorsville High School
Melissa Watson – Kearns High School
Carley Williams (2x) – Skyline High School
Andrew Marino – Cottonwood High School
Connor Alder – Skyline High School
Dallin Anderson – Cottonwood High School
Spencer Lingwall – Kearns High School