Join us Monday, November 18 from 5-7 p.m. at Taylorsville High School for a Student & Parent Self-Care Fair.
This special event will feature workshops and wellness activities designed to help parents and students navigate challenges that exist beyond the classroom. Come explore different wellness techniques, learn how to address serious topics, and get questions answered on a wide range of subjects.
Light refreshments will be served.
- Mindfulness – Maintaining active awareness of what you’re sensing and feeling in the present moment using practices to relax the body and mind.
- Healthy Lifestyles – How to recognize and prevent substance abuse in all forms, including vaping.
- Digital Protection – Keeping track of how kids use smartphone apps in the digital age, and the pitfalls that parents can help their children avoid.
- Building Positive Relationships – Rooting out negative behaviors like bullying to create better social environments.
- Social & Emotional Wellness – How to talk with young people about mental health and where to turn for help.
Instructive booths will also be on site covering topics such as:
- College & Career Readiness
- Wellness Through Art and Music
- Parenting Resources
- Preventing Child Abuse
- And More…
Save the dates for other upcoming Self-Care Fairs:
February 24, 2020 – Olympus High School
April 6, 2020 – Hunter High School