Granite Schools works with two different testing teams, one through the Utah Health Department and the other through the University of Utah’s HERO Project.
The testing done through the Utah Health Department is mobile, meaning it’s done at schools on an as-needed basis. The HERO Project testing is on-going and is only at the Granite School District’s main office.
Mobile Testing at Schools
All available mobile-testing locations and times will be listed as they’re announced. To participate in any of the mobile-testing events you must first give consent through the required sign-up link.
Anyone older than age 3 can be tested at these free testing clinics, even if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19. This is a drive-through testing, please remain in your vehicles. Anyone who has any symptoms, including mild ones, should come and be tested. The mobile testing is not associated with the school.
Test results will be emailed to you in an encrypted file from CV19result@utah.gov 30 minutes to several hours after your test is complete. If you don’t see it, please first check your junk or spam folders. If you have trouble opening the email, or it doesn’t come within a few hours, call 385-273-7878 for assistance.
Cottonwood High School
- Dates: April 17, May 1, May 15, May 29
- Time: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Address: 5715 S 1300 E
- Required Registration: Cottonwood High School Sign Up
- Information Flyer: Free COVID-19 Testing at Cottonwood High (PDF)
Granger High School
- Dates: April 24, May 8, May 22
- Time: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Address: 3580 S 3600 W
- Required Registration: Granger High School Sign Up
- Information Flyer: Free COVID-19 Testing at Granger High (PDF)
On-Going Testing at the District Offices (HERO Project)
Dear Parents, Faculty and School Staff Members:
As many of you know, the Granite School District recently partnered with the Utah Health, Economic, and Recovery Outreach (HERO) Project to better understand COVID-19 infection rates in schools. The goal of this partnership is to provide access to school-based testing for students, faculty, and staff for early detection of SARS-CoV 2 in asymptomatic members of school communities, enhance the safety of school communities by reducing the frequency of transmission, and reduce the size of school-based outbreaks.
The HERO Project hopes by taking part in this collaboration, everyone can work to facilitate greater opportunities for in-person learning during this time.
Granite School District is pleased to offer students, faculty, and school staff members COVID Testing through a non-invasive saliva collection each Friday from 9 am to 3 pm at the Granite School District Office located at 2500 S State St, South Salt Lake, UT 84115.
Testing Session Details
The testing will take place outdoors on the west side of the parking lot in a drive through setting. We ask that all participants arrive wearing a mask that covers both your nose and mouth. Please look for signs upon arrival directing where the HERO team testing will be conducted.
Again, this testing is set up as a drive-through. You will not need to leave your car. We ask that for the safety of you and our team you stay in your vehicle during the testing process.
As part of this project, the HERO Project team would like to thank those that participate in the onsite questionnaire and testing with $10 Smith’s gift card. These cards will be distributed by HERO team members at the checkout station of testing sessions. Eligibility for a gift card includes the following steps: (If you have previously consented to testing this is only needed once. Please still reserve a time on the signup.)
- Please log into the Utah HERO website where you should select Granite School District and then Granite School District Office and complete the signup process. To ensure a seamless experience, please complete the registration by 2:00 pm the day prior (Thursday). Please ensure you have consented and selected a time to test. There are limited signups available so please sign up as early as possible. As testing is by appointment only once slots are filled we will not be able to provide more testing on this day.
- Arrive at testing during your assigned appointment time. Eating or drinking within 30 minutes of your test may affect the results.
- One of the HERO Project team members will confirm your information and administer a short survey. The team member will also provide you with the saliva collection vial, give you instructions, and show you the fill line on your vial.
- After completing your test, you will tighten the cap on and return your vial to a HERO Project team member who will confirm information one last time and provide you with your gift card.
We ask that you do not forward this information to those not affiliated with the Granite School District. This testing session is specific to the school district students, faculty, and staff members. With recent COVID-19 cases on the rise, we realize other community members may be interested in testing or have needs to be tested. We ask that non-school district members visit coronavirus.utah.gov or call 1.800.456.7707.
- The quickest way to retrieve results is through the Healthy Together app. NOTE: If you choose to create an account for this app, please ensure your name, date of birth, and phone number match exactly what you provided in your consent form. Even the smallest deviation, will cause you not to be able to get results in the app. If you have technical issues with the app, please contact email@example.com
- Participants can also expect to receive a call from a HERO team member regarding their results within 48 hours of testing.
- Participants will also receive a letter in the mail 3 -5 business days after results are received.
Again, thank you for your participation in the HERO School Project. For questions regarding this project please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Phone Monday-Friday 12:00pm – 8:00pm MDT: (385) 321-2862.
Utah HERO Team