The role of instructional coaches is to increase opportunities for teacher success and to cultivate student growth and achievement. Coaches encourage teachers to reflect on their practices and to implement high impact instructional strategies to foster positive change in their schools.
These tasks will be guided by:
- The Granite Way
- The GSD Coaching Model and Supporting Documents
- Setting goals based on Student Achievement
- Attending Instructional Coaching meetings to continue professional development to support teachers and students
- Working with school leaders and school-based coaches in the interest of student achievement
- Working with the Lead Instructional Coaches bimonthly at the school level to meet school and teacher goals