In an effort to use Twitter as a way to collaborate amongst members in our department, today we are kicking off the “Twitter Tag a Teacher” Contest. Below are the details of this contest.
The goal is to share amazing ways in which teachers around the district are integrating technology into their everyday teaching practice and to encourage collaboration amongst Ed Tech staff through the use of Twitter.
December 2nd through December 17th, 2014
- Share awesome ways that teachers in your building are integrating technology into their daily practice through tweets.
- In each of your tweets be sure to tag or mention the teacher who is integrating technology in the classroom. If possible include a picture of the teacher in action. (Please get permission from the teacher before tweeting out their picture.)
- Include the hashtag #EdTechContest in each of your tweets.
- For each tweet you send out, tagging a teacher and spotlighting their innovative way of using technology, your name will be placed in the drawing. The more tweets you send out spotlighting teachers in your building the more your name is placed in the drawing and the better chance you will have at winning the prize box.
- Participation in this contest is not mandatory. (It will be so dang fun spotlighting the amazing teachers in our schools that it will be hard to resist participating in this contest.)
There will be two boxes of fun tech gadgets given away to two lucky Ed Tech Dept. members. The drawing for these boxes will be held on the morning of December 18th and winners will be notified via Twitter.
I look forward to seeing all of the amazing ways super star educators in our district are effectively using technology to engage students and increase student learning. Good luck to each one of you!
Director, Educational Technology