“Coming Spring 2019”
Granite School District is pleased to announce the opening of an onsite health clinic for active contract employees and dependents who are enrolled in any of Granite’s medical insurance plans. The clinic is scheduled to open in the spring of 2019.
This is a long term solution to address rising healthcare costs in the nation – a trend that looks to continue for the foreseeable future. Granite is the first school district in Utah to open such a clinic for employees. The clinic will be located next to Valley Junior High (4195 South 3200 West) in a former LDS Seminary building that was purchased by the District.
Employees will be able to receive the following at the clinic from certified physician, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare professionals:
- Primary and urgent care visits with ZERO COPAY
- FREE dispensed Rx medications, a customized generic formulary will be set up to meet the specific needs of Granite School District
- Wellness coaching, training, education and challenges
- Emotional and mental health support
- Health and Disease Management
- Lab Work
- Occupational Health (future integration)
Employees will be able to utilize enhanced technology:
- Manage appointments on web or phone
- Receive prompts and reminders on phone
- Access quality care anytime anywhere
- After hours telephonic care
- Wellness vitals, tracking remote monitoring through mobile apps
We are thrilled to lead the charge in charting a new course in school district medical care, benefits, wellness, prevention, and condition management. This is an amazing benefit which will serve a great need in the health and well-being of Granite School District employees and their dependents.
We are grateful to our Insurance Committee and those who volunteered to be on the onsite request for proposal (RFP) committee. These individuals spent countless hours going through the RFP process in selecting a vendor to make this a possibility for Granite School District employees.