This page is intended to give parents/guardians help in using their student’s Gradebook through the Granite School District Parent Portal. A Parent Portal account is required to access the Gradebook.
Once a parent logs in to the parent portal and clicks on Gradebook, the student’s schedule will be displayed. Please note the menu on the left side of the screen, and the various options available. Each area is discussed below.
Features in Gradebook
Click on ‘Attendance’ in the menu on the left side of the screen.
1. Detail Attendance View – will show you all attendance and each attendance code.
2. Summary Attendance View – will show you total attendance numbers for each class.
Assignments – non-PBL courses
The Assignments tab will only display non-Proficiency Based Learning course assignments and grades.
- Click on ‘Assignments’ in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- At the top of the screen there are several options to choose.
- You can adjust the dates of the assignments you will see.
- You can Display only assignments that are missing.
- You can expand the details of each class (recommended).
- You can show courses that have been dropped from your student’s schedule.
- The current grade for the course is display in the blue banner on the right.
- The different categories: assignments, quizzes, test, etc. show on the left.
- Specific information (due date, description, points, score, etc.) for each item is displayed.
During the open enrollment for course requests (determined by your school), students can request courses that they would like to take for the following school year. Depending on availability, the school with grant the student’s request.
e-mail Notification Settings
Parents have the ability to manage the daily and weekly e-mail notifications that the District sends.
The daily notifications is for all attendance for the current day.
The weekly notifications send attendance and tardies for the week, as well as the student’s current classroom grades. This report is sent on Friday evening.
- To edit these setting, click on Settings in the top right corner of the Gradebook screen
2. Select Messages in the drop-down menu.
3. On the screen that pops up, you can check or uncheck the daily notifications, the weekly notification, and specifically attendance and/or assignments.
Parents also have the ability to add 2 additional e-mail addresses to receive notifications.
This tab will show mid-quarter grades/progress for schools that post mid-terms. This is not a required posting process at all schools. You may or may not see posted mid-terms here.
The Report Card tab will display all final grades for each quarter. If you click on each quarter tab (highlighted in orange) you can see the overall G.P.A. and C.P.A. for each quarter.
Skills – Elementary Students Only
The Skills tab is only for elementary students. This is a 1 – 4 citizenship type grade.
Standards (P.B.L. Courses)
The Standards tab will display all Proficiency Based Grading courses. Each course and overall grade is displayed first (highlighted in purple). Select ‘Expand Details’, and underneath the course name, you will see the standards and assessments your student has been assessed on, with the proficiency score for that assessment and standard.
Once a student is selected, the student schedule is the default view that the parent/guardian and student will see. Students will see their schedule for the current week. They can also click year to see their schedule for the entire year.
The testing tab shows District level test. D.I.B.E.L.S. test scores and A.C.T. scores can be found here.
State assessments (R.I.S.E/S.A.G.E) results can be found in the Parent Portal, through the Student Center tile.
The Transcript tab will display the student’s transcript for grades 7-12. It will show all courses, grades and credit earned to date. Toward the top, you will see the student’s cumulative G.P.A and overall credits earned.
Please note: Only student that have finished the first quarter of 9th grade will have a G.P.A that is calculating. Courses taken in 7th and 8th grade will not be included in the high school G.P.A calculation.