We’d like to congratulate the 24 finalists who participated in this year’s Future Chefs Asian Fusion Challenge, and want to recognize the 7 students to took home trophies:
- Healthy Attributes Winner: Skyler Diogo from Taylorsville Elementary – Taylorsville Tiger Thai Peanut Satay.
- Kid Appeal: Alibeth Soberanes from Frost Elementary – Spring-Rolls with Sweet & Sour
- Ease of Preparation: Mercedes Austin from Plymouth Elementary – Spicy Asian Zucchini
- Plate Presentation: Sofia Sherry from Crestview Elementary – Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice
- Originality: Alexys Anderson from Whittier Elementary – Breakfast Fruit Egg Rolls
- Taste: Lanna Bruinsma from Spring Lane Elementary – Satay Fried Rice
- Grand Champion: Iyla Stone from Eastwood Elementary – Thai Tacos
We’d also like to thank all those who assisted in this event. We couldn’t do it without the help of the Kitchen Managers, ProStart Students and Staff Members every year. And a special “Thank You” to to Teri Oliver for all her work in coordinating this event every year. Thank you, everyone, for helping make Future Chefs such a great success!