District Nutrition Service teams work with passion to provide nutrition to students, helping them meet their educational goals.
What This Means
Nutrition Services programs reflect just how the organization:
- Keeps the students in mind at all times.
- Provides students with nutrition education to help them develop healthy lifetime habits.
- Provides an economically and nutritionally sound program for customers.
- Provides employees with a safe and efficient workplace.
- Follows all food safety standards and provide high quality nutrition service while continuing to improve operating standards.
- Works within the community for the purpose of providing quality meals.
- Provides a fiscally responsible and high quality service to Granite School District.
- Strives to be recognized as an innovative leader in the school nutrition service industry.
Visit the inspirational videos in our Media Library to understand just why the Nutrition Services motto has become
“School Lunch…It’s Not What You Remember!”
Nutrition Service Goals:
No trans-fat in any food.
Removing all fryers from Jr. Highs and High Schools
Switching to baked fries and chips
Recognizing ala carte lines to be:
- Less than 35% of calories from total fat
- No more than 10% of calories from saturated fat
- Less than 35% of weight from sugar
- No more than 200 milligrams of sodium
Here’s what Granite Nutrition Services does to ensure school meals are healthy:
Whole wheat buns and breads
1/2 whole grain bread products made fresh at the Central Kitchen
All cakes made at the Central Kitchen are trans-fat free
Six fruit and vegetable choices are offered daily on the Nutrition Bar– No limit on refills!
Each meal is analyzed by a registered dietitian to meet USDA standards for healthy meals.
We Welcome Your Input
Here at the Bates Central Kitchen, we hold a Food Advisory Meeting to receive public input four times each school year. Come share your thoughts, ask your questions and give us some feedback! See the calendar for dates and location info.