In the Granite School District Policy & Procedures Manual, the Board has adopted a policy to establish procedures, obligations and expectations regarding the prudent and efficient management of its energy resources. It encompasses the practice of energy conservation and education.
Energy Conservation’s responsibilities include the following:
- Provide support to Principals and Staff to improve classroom comfort levels.
- Work with Utility providers to ensure billing accuracy and payment.
- Educate district employees to improve energy conservation and encourage energy savings wherever possible.
- Implement Green Building practices throughout the district, and integrate with the district’s best practices for facility construction and maintenance.
- Continuously strive to improve and maximize energy savings, to keep educational funding in the classroom.
Ultimately, the goal is to provide a comfortable learning environment and maximize student learning potential.