Due to population declines throughout the district, the Population Analysis Committee (PAC) continues to study various regions of the district over the next 5-10 years. This is where you will find updates to the current study.
Infographic What is a population analysis study?- English PDF
Infographic What is a population analysis study?- Spanish PDF
The PAC presents an initial report to the Board of Education. This report includes the committee’s findings and may include a recommendation for a boundary change, school closure, or other action.
May 2023 PAC Update
The PAC continues to explore multiple solutions.
April 2023 PAC Update
Watch video of the boundary open houses below. Subtitles can be added in a language of your choice. Learn how to change subtitle language.
Spring Open House Presentation (PDF)
Public Open houses have been scheduled for April. Postcards will be sent to each household in areas 1 and 2. They should hit mailboxes the week of March 20th.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023 from 6:00-7:30 PM @ Matheson Junior High School
- Monday, April 10, 2023 from 6:00-7:30 PM @ Kearns High School
- Monday, April 17, 2023 from 6:00-7:30 PM @ Hunter High School
Why is this area being studied?
Population analysis studies are conducted every year in areas where student population numbers have changed significantly. The study process allows for a full year of community input before a decision is made to adjust school boundaries, consolidate schools or close schools.
If the board decides to close a school, what does the district do with the property?
The district is disinclined to surplus or sell property because our geographic boundaries limit our potential for growth. In instances when the facility is too old to be used or maintained, buildings could be razed and the property maintained as a park by the city or county while the district maintains ownership. If the property were to be sold or surplussed, the local city or municipality has first rights to the property per state law.
March 2023 PAC Update
Community Council Meetings will be held by network this year. Each community council member that lives in each network has been invited to attend to learn about the focus of the studies and to ask questions. Community Council Members are also encouraged to spread the word and invite community members to April Open Houses.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 from 6:00-7:00 PM @ Kearns High School — Kearns Network Community Councils
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 from 7:30-8:30 PM @ Hunter High School — Hunter Network Community Councils
- Thursday, March 16, 2023 from 6:00-7:00 PM @ Cyprus High School (Brockbank Campus) — Cyprus Network Community Councils
Community Council Meeting Presentation (PDF)
February 2023 PAC Update
At the February 7, 2023 School Board Meeting Steve Hogan, Director of Planning and Boundaries, presented the Proposed 2023 PAC Studies. Board members unanimously gave approval for the PAC to move forward with their 2023 recommendations as follows:
- Study the potential re-opening of Brockbank as junior high in conjunction with the current reconfiguration effort.
- Closure / Boundary Study of Areas 1 & 2 (Which includes Cyprus, Hunter, and Kearns networks).
02.07.2023_Board Meeting_ Proposed 2023 Pac Studies
Steve Hogan, Director of Planning and Boundaries, presented to the board Current Enrollment Trends and reviewed the steps GSD has set forth for the annual Population Analysis Study Process. 01.06.2023_BoardMeeting_Population Analysis Committee Process Review.
Tables of where students residing in a boundary are attending and where students attending a school are residing.
- Academy Park Elementary Mobility
- Armstrong, Neil Elementary Mobility
- Bacchus Elementary Mobility
- Beehive Elementary Mobility
- Bridger Elementary Mobility
- Copper Hills Elementary Mobility
- Diamond Ridge Elementary Mobility
- Elk Run Elementary Mobility
- Farnsworth Elementary Mobility
- Fox Hills Elementary Mobility
- Gourley Elementary Mobility
- Hillside Elementary Mobility
- Hunter Elementary Mobility
- Jackling Elementary Mobility
- Lake Ridge Elementary Mobility
- Magna Elementary Mobility
- Monroe Elementary Mobility
- Orchard Elementary Mobility
- Pleasant Green Elementary Mobility
- Silver Hills Elementary Mobility
- South Kearns Elementary Mobility
- Valley Crest Elementary Mobility
- Western Hills Elementary Mobility
- West Kearns Elementary Mobility
- West Valley Elementary Mobility
- Whittier Elementary Mobility
- Wright Elementary Mobility
- Community Council Meeting March 2023 Presentation (PDF)
- PAC Committee Members_2022-2023
- Road to Reconfiguration – English PDF
- Road to Reconfiguration – Spanish PDF
- Spring Open House Mailer – English PDF
- Spring Open House Mailer – Spanish PDF
- Spring Open House Presentation (PDF)
- Student Mobility Data as of Sept 12, 2022
- What is a population analysis study? Infographic – English PDF
- What is a population analysis study? Infographic – Spanish PDF
- Population Analysis Studies Overview
- Provide Feedback
You must be logged in to post a comment.