Accounting Services assists the Superintendent and Business Administrator in keeping the district under financial control by doing the following:
- Maintaining and improving the system of internal controls to protect employees as well as ensure the integrity of the district’s financial information.
- Training district personnel on district policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a system of accounts and using that system to measure, summarize, and total the financial values of every balance sheet account (assets, liabilities, and fund balances), and operating account (revenues and expenditures).
- Processing the district’s cash receipts and vendor payments.
- Recording and reporting the results of the district’s financial transactions in accordance with uniform Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) .
- Providing accurate financial information for internal decision making regarding current as well as potential future operations.
- Generating the district’s official financial statements that present the district’s audited financial position of the governmental activities, each major fund, the aggregate remaining fund information, results of operations, and where applicable, cash flows and required supplementary information to a wide range of different groups who need financial information for their own purposes including, 1) Determining the district’s compliance with laws, regulations, and accounting standards; 2) Measuring the financial health of the district in determining it’s credit worthiness; and 3) Determining the district’s suitability as a grant recipient.
- Generating other reports in compliance with various laws and regulations.