The Granite School District Board of Education welcomes public comments during its regular board meetings. Citizens who wish to speak during Board of Education meetings should register 24 hours in advance with the Communications office at 385-646-4529 or by completing the Comment Sign Up Form below. Your request must be confirmed by us before your name will be placed on the list of possible speakers.
Open Comment Time
Open comment time is available at each Board of Education meeting for district patrons to offer suggestions on topics that are not on the current meeting agenda. Topics may include suggestions for improving district services, policies, etc. (If you wish to make a comment regarding items presently on the board meeting agenda, please see the Comment on Agenda Items section below.)
The first three patrons to register for a given board meeting will be given an opportunity to speak for up to five minutes each. Open comment time may not be used by district employees or their representatives to circumvent established communication, grievance, or negotiation procedures.
- Maximum of three speakers per board meeting
- Five-minute limit per speaker
Public comments are welcome regarding:
- New issues
- New program/policy suggestions
- Other issues that have not recently come before the board
During this segment of the meeting, comments are not allowed regarding:
- Items currently scheduled for the board agenda
- Employment or personnel issues
- Criticism of individual district employees
- Complaints where other appeals are available
- Repetition of issues recently discussed in a board meeting
- Items which have a separate public hearing
Comment on Agenda Items
At its discretion, the Board of Education may allow time for district patrons to comment on items on the current board meeting agenda. The board will seek to allow different perspectives to be expressed.
If you have suggestions for the Board of Education on items that are not on the board meeting agenda, please register for open comment time (as detailed in the section above).
District employees or their representatives may not comment on agenda items as a way to circumvent established communication, grievance, or negotiation procedures.
- The Board may choose to limit the time, the number of speakers, or invite comment from additional speakers who have not signed up.
- Comments on items with scheduled public hearings (e.g., tax hearings, boundary recommendations) will be heard only during those scheduled hearings.
We will contact you to confirm that you are on the list of possible speakers for the board meeting. If you do not hear from us, that means we did not receive your message and you are not on the list. Please make sure we have personally contacted you before the meeting.
- Your request must be confirmed by us before your name will be placed on the list of possible speakers.
- You must register for comment time before noon of the day of the board meeting.
- For additional information, or if you have not received a confirmation, please contact the Communications office at 385-646-4529.
To register for comment time, please use the form below.