You may navigate this page using the menu options above for Case Counts, Parent/Guardian Information, Frequently Asked Questions, and General Updates.
***NOTE: There are currently no restrictions or specific guidance from the health department regarding COVID-19. Information on this page and other links from this page will be updated if necessary.
Let’s Work Together: Students/staff who are demonstrating any symptom of COVID-19 must stay home. Similarly, families must follow quarantine guidance from the health department if someone has been exposed to COVID-19, or is in the process of being tested.
- View current case counts in Granite School District
- View state COVID-19 resources and information in other languages.
- View updated isolation and quarantine guidance
- Provide your parental permission for the Test to Stay Protocol
As with last school year, Granite School District will follow guidance and direction from state and local health departments.
- Students and staff who are demonstrating any symptom of COVID-19 must stay home.
- Regular classroom instruction will take place on a Monday through Friday schedule. We encourage all students and staff to get vaccinated if and when possible.
- Schools will remain mindful of safe spacing and cleanliness to the highest degree possible. Hospital grade air filtration and circulation (up to four times per hour) will continue.
Though not required, we strongly encourage mask wearing on school property. This is line with Health Department guidance to reduce the spread of COVID in schools.
Masks (including KN95) are available to students and staff who would like one.
Under state law, a school district cannot initiate a mask mandate. If, however, a mask mandate or other directive is issued at the county or state level, the district will comply. This is a dynamic situation, and we will continue to adhere to guidance from the health department and state leaders.
Quarantine and Isolation
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they must isolate (stay home except to get medical care) immediately – even if they are vaccinated. Contact tracers will inform the student or staff member when they may leave isolation, but typically it will be at least 5 days from the day they were tested.
- If a student or staff member is exposed to COVID while at school and they are not vaccinated and have no symptoms, they may choose to either quarantine at home for 5 days or wear a mask at school for 10 days (both indoors and out). There is the option to test out after seven days.
Those who are exposed at school will NOT be quarantined if they have no symptoms and any of the following: they had a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 90 days, have been fully vaccinated, or the positive individual and the exposed individual were both wearing masks at the time of exposure.
Granite Online (Distance Options)
Online learning options will be centralized into two platforms: Live instruction (available to all students), and Self-Paced (grades 9-12 only). While evidence shows face-to-face learning is best for most students, families should meet with school administration to consider options and choose the right fit for their student.
School Safety Protocols
COVID-19 case counts will still be monitored at each school on the county health department dashboard. If cases reach a threshold for dismissal (2% of the student population or 30 cases if student population is less than 1,500), the district and health department will initiate a rapid testing program to reduce the amount of time that students are away from school. Participation is completely optional but students with a negative test result will be allowed to return to school sooner.