The Custodial Coordinators inspect the schools twice a year for cleanliness and safety for the students, staff, and visitors. Additionally, we overlook programs such as the apprenticeship, leadership and Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
The Custodial Coordinators are Certified Professional Trainers through ISSA’s Cleaning Management Institute. They have received specialized training on how to use best practices when it comes to training the custodians on all the up-to-date methods and procedures ensuring that Granite School District standards are being met, if not exceeded.
Our Mission Statement
The custodial staff recognizes the investment which the Granite School District has made in providing the District with modern and up-to-date schools and takes pride in caring for these physical facilities. Our custodians strive to be diligent and productive in their daily efforts. Custodial Services constantly seeks out the most cost-effective means by keeping abreast of the newest products and cleaning methods and by meeting our goal of serving Granite School District and providing them with a service worthy of recognition.
- We believe we should clean for health first.
- We believe that we should go beyond health and safety regulations.
- We believe we should be respectful to the environment.
- We believe in a systematic cleaning concept.
- We believe in simplicity in product and working procedures.
- We believe in exceeding cleaning expectations.
- We believe the Custodial Services is a valuable asset to the Granite School District by supporting education, faculty members, students, and the community.
- We believe in utilizing Granite School District’s assets and budgets in a professional and ethical manner.
Granite School District introduced the VEKTR building inspections in 2012 to ensure the schools were meeting a certain standard of cleanliness. Each year, the Custodial Coordinators inspect each school twice for cleanliness, once in the fall and spring. The overall inspection score is the average between the two scores given that school year. The inspection involves an in depth walk through of the building from the ceiling to the floor in different areas such as, classrooms, restrooms, hallways, mechanical systems, etc.
While all custodians strive to maintain a clean school, some go above and beyond exceeding in their inspections scores by maintaining a 90% or higher. They are known as the 90% Club. Schools that are in the 90% Club are only given one inspection a year as a reward for their hard work.
Schools that score 79.99% or lower on the inspection, failed their inspection. They are given another opportunity, later that school year, to improve their overall score.
VEKTR Inspection Grading System
Platinum 92.51 – 100%
Gold 88.51 – 92.50%
Silver 84.01 – 88.50%
Bronze 80.00 – 84.00%
No Award 0.00 – 79.99%