To identify best practices in our schools that lead to improved student learning, school culture, and community involvement.
- Research. Granite School District supports quality educational research that is relevant to district needs and priorities. Those interested in conducting research in our district must complete our online application form and be approved by our research committee. Research applications submitted by Granite District employees are given priority review status.
- What’s Working in our Continuous School Improvement Efforts? Meaningful and Impactful School Improvement is based on an understanding and focus on best practice. Our continuous school improvement plans (CSIPs) should be a reflection of this focus. This section supports the integration of best practice in our school improvement efforts.
- Supporting the Granite Way. Student learning is most likely to occur when we exercise fidelity to the Utah core standards, implement the instructional framework, utilize district supported tools and assessments, organize and implement professional learning communities, and provide multi-tiered systems of support. This section defines these five core principles in terms of essential teacher and leadership skills and practices.
- Schools as Professional Learning Communities. We work best when we work together. We should strive to build a community of trust and meaningful collaboration with our colleagues, our students, and within our community. This section provides guidance on how to organize and purpose our school teams.
- Accreditation. High Schools are required to be accredited every five years. Our department offers financial assistance to our schools to offset many of the costs associated with their accreditation review.