Please Note: Because of summer cleaning requirements and the inability to properly staff events, Granite School District typically does not rent our buildings during the months of June, July, and August.
Granite School District is committed to the safety of our students and our community. We intend to strictly adhere to the local and state health guidelines. Considering current COVID-19 conditions, the following protocols have been added as a requirement for all Granite School District renters until further notice.
- RENTER’S DETAILED PLAN: The renter will need to present a detailed explanation of their plan for ensuring that all local, state & district guidelines will be followed during their rental.
- Submit in writing to the GSD Rental Department prior to being approved to start the rental.
- Including, but not limited to, plan for social distancing, number of participants and spectators, sanitizing protocols, and the use of face coverings or other protection.
- Include who will be responsible for taking roll (see explanation below).
- Find the latest guidelines at https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
- SIGN THE GSD ADDENDUM: In addition to the 2nd-page agreement on our form, you will also need to sign a third page which is the COVID-19 Addendum.
- TAKE ROLL: Renter will now need to document on a roll the date and times that each person is in attendance.
- This is to comply with ‘contact tracing’ guidelines. (Phased Health Guidelines, K-12 Schools, Low-Risk V4.4.3, p6)
- This is NOT a sign-in sheet. It is a roll that only the coach/renter will be touching or filling out.
- COVID IMPACT FEE: There will be an additional 1 hour COVID impact fee of $50 each day of the rental. This will allow for extra sanitization after each rental.
When you feel that your group is able and ready to abide by these additional protocols, follow the steps below to set up your rental request.
Welcome to Granite’s Facility Rental web page. We have provided a few simple guidelines to help answer many of your questions and assist you in determining your needs and costs.
If you are interested in renting a playing field, visit the Field Rentals page.
Liability insurance is required. The insurance requirements are listed below. You may contact any insurance carrier for this type of policy.
- School Name & Granite School District must be listed as Additional Insured on a primary/non-contributory basis.
- Limits must be a minimum of $1,000,000 Primary per occurrence and $2,000,000 Aggregate.
- You must email a copy of the Certificate of Liability Insurance to the Granite District Rentals office representative listed on the right-hand side of this webpage 1-2 weeks prior to your event.
Please note: Even the smallest and least complicated of rentals still typically take a minimum of 7-10 business days to coordinate and approve. As the coordination needed increases, so does the time needed to receive approval. Please submit your requests in a timely manner.
- Review ‘Specific Spaces’ on the right side of this page to determine what areas may be rented and the hourly rate for each. Auditorium seating capacity is also found in this area.
- Choose the school that best fits your needs from the ‘School Contacts’
- Contact the rentals administrator of that school and confirm that the space, date, and time are available for your event.
- Work with the administrator to fill out a District Rental Form. Make sure to include arrival to departure times, not just the event time. Coordinate all logistics and expectations with the rental administrator at the location you have chosen.
- Once the form is complete and both you and the administrator have signed the agreement, the administrator will forward it to the district office for final approval.
- Any other correspondence (i.e., Certificate of Liability Insurance, 501c3 letter, etc.) can be emailed directly to the district office at Gayna Breeze
- Once the district has finalized the paperwork, an approved copy will be emailed to the renter, school administration, and the custodian.
- YOUR RENTAL IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL ALL 3 SIGNATURES ARE OBTAINED, PROOF OF CURRENT INSURANCE COVERAGE HAS BEEN PROVIDED (unless a 501c3 has been provided), AND PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE TO THE GRANITE SCHOOL DISTRICT OFFICE.
Note that there are certain personnel requirements and related costs for facility rentals. The specific needs will be determined by the local school, based on the needs and expectations of your rental. Supervisors, Custodians, Security, A/V or Booth Technicians etc., are $50 per hour. Student A/V helpers are $15 per hour.
- Rentals on non-school days (Saturdays, Sundays, and certain holidays) will incur a facility impact fee of $25/hour, not to exceed $125 per day.
- If the rental is approved for June, July or August, an air conditioning impact fee of $25/hour may be applied for each hour the A/C is in use. The A/C impact fee applies to Auditoriums, Cafeterias, and Gymnasiums along with large area Classrooms and/or blocks of classrooms.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at 385-646-4409 for Field Rentals or 385-646-4123 for Facility Rentals. We are happy to assist you.