Welcome to Granite’s Field Rental web page. We have provided a few simple guidelines to help answer many of your questions and assist you in determining your needs and costs. Our fields are typically open March 15-June 30 and August 1-October 15; weather permitting.
If you are interested in renting a facility, visit the Facility Rentals page.
Granite School District is committed to the safety of our students and our community. We intend to strictly adhere to the local and state health guidelines. Considering current COVID-19 conditions, the following protocols have been added as a requirement for all Granite School District renters until further notice.
- RENTER’S DETAILED PLAN: The renter will need to present a detailed explanation of their plan for ensuring that all local, state & district guidelines will be followed during their rental.
- Submit in writing to the GSD Rental Department prior to being approved to start the rental.
- Including, but not limited to, plan for social distancing, number of participants and spectators, sanitizing protocols, and the use of face coverings or other protection.
- Include who will be responsible for taking roll (see explanation below).
- Find the latest guidelines at https://coronavirus.utah.gov/ The most current version on 5/22/20 has been downloaded, highlighted, and attached to this document for your convenience.
- SIGN THE GSD ADDENDUM: In addition to the 2nd-page agreement on our form, you will also need to sign a third page which is the COVID-19 Addendum.
- TAKE ROLL: Renter will now need to document on a roll the date and times that each person is in attendance.
- This is to comply with ‘contact tracing’ guidelines. (Phased Health Guidelines, K-12 Schools, Low-Risk V4.4.3, p6)
- This is NOT a sign-in sheet. It is a roll that only the coach/renter will be touching or filling out.
- COVID IMPACT FEE: There will be an additional 1 hour COVID impact fee of $50 each day of the rental. This will allow for extra sanitization after each rental.
When you feel that your group is able and ready to abide by these additional protocols, follow the steps below to set up your rental request.
Liability insurance is required unless you (the renter) can provide proof of non-profit status by submitting a copy of your 501c3 letter to the Granite District Rentals office. Although Granite School District is exempt from liability with any non-profit (tax-exempt groups), we highly recommend being insured for your own protection.
Insurance requirements are listed below. You may contact any insurance carrier for this type of policy.
- School Name & Granite School District must be listed as Additional Insured on a primary/non-contributory basis.
- Limits must be a minimum of $1,000,000 Primary per occurrence and $2,000,000 Aggregate.
- You must email a copy of the Certificate of Liability Insurance to the Granite District Rentals office representative listed on the right-hand side of this webpage 1-2 weeks prior to your event.
Please Note:Even the smallest and least complicated of rentals still typically take a minimum of 7-10 business days to coordinate and approve. As the coordination needed increases, so does the time needed to receive approval. Please submit your requests in a timely manner.
- Review ‘Playing Fields’ under ‘Specific Spaces’ on the right side of this page to determine which areas may be rented and the hourly rate for each.
- Use the Field Finder Map to determine the location that you are interested in. This shows an aerial view of our schools and the way our green space is divided into fields. Visiting the site in person will give you a more accurate feeling for the size and condition of the field.
- Once you have identified which field you are interested in, fill out the top portion of the District Rental Form, read and electronically sign both pages, then email the form along with any other correspondence to the district office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gayna 385-646-4409 to check for availability.
- Our high school fields are usually occupied by school athletic teams. Rental requests for a high school location must first go through that school’s rental administrator to check for availability. Look under ‘School Contacts’ on the right side of this page to find out who the rental administrator is.
- Whenever possible, current renters in good standing will have priority at their current location.
- The district office will verify availability, add fees and send to administrators for their approval and signatures.
- Completed forms will be emailed to the renter, school administration, and the custodian.
- Proof of current insurance coverage or a copy of your 501c3 and Payment in full are due to the district office prior to the date of the rental. See payment instructions near the bottom of the District Rental Form or call us at the number below to pay by credit card.
RENTAL POLICY FOR GRANITE SCHOOL DISTRICT FIELDS
Any group or organization using District grounds or outside facilities must adhere to the following standards:
- Our fields are typically open March 15 – June 30 and August 1 – October 15; weather permitting.
- Grounds are not to be used in a manner or duration that will damage the grounds.
- Consistent, organized play, tournaments, or groups will not be allowed to have unscheduled activities in or on District Property. Rental of a field for games does not authorize free use for practice. Practice times must also be rented.
- YOUR RENTAL IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL ALL 3 SIGNATURES ARE OBTAINED, PROOF OF CURRENT INSURANCE COVERAGE HAS BEEN PROVIDED (unless a 501c3 has been provided), AND PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE TO THE GRANITE SCHOOL DISTRICT OFFICE.
- Payment is required in advance of the date of the rental.
- Make checks payable to Granite School District and Submit all payments to:
Steve Hogan, 2500 S State St C-226, SLC, UT 84115.
- Or pay by Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express over the phone (385-646-4409).
- Make checks payable to Granite School District and Submit all payments to:
- All groups shall provide responsible adult supervision to adequately monitor facilities. Monitoring is to maintain order and prevent vandalism and destruction of District property and adjoining properties. No unsupervised youth group or organizations will be allowed to use the District facilities. Users must be respectful and considerate to residents and private property bordering school grounds.
- Renters are expected to clean up all trash and litter at the end of each event. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or revocation of the rental by the district.
- Any field rental that exceeds 3 hours should provide portable bathrooms. Building restrooms will not be available for public use. (Even if your rental is less than 3 hours, a portable bathroom might become necessary to accommodate the needs of those who use the rental.) The location of the portable bathroom needs to be coordinated with the school principal. The portable bathroom needs to be anchored down, properly maintained and locked when not in use. It needs to be removed within 1 week after the end of the rental.
- Renters are asked to routinely move their goals to avoid wear patterns and to use only commercial goals that meet industry safety standards. During the school year, renters are asked to lock their goals to the fence so that they are not a hazard to students during the school day. You are required to vary the location of the locked goals at least every two weeks so that our grounds crew doesn’t have to miss mowing a particular spot more than one week in a row.
- Don’t play on fields that are too wet or muddy. If you damage the field by playing on it during poor weather conditions, it may not be available to you for the rest of your season. Please help protect the field and contact the rental office by email or phone if you need to cancel or re-schedule a certain date to help preserve the field. (Notification must be made prior to the rental time, or the same day, to be able to receive credit.) Credit will be applied toward your next field rental.
- It is against the law to have or use alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs in any form on the school property. Fireworks, firearms, loud music and inappropriate conduct are also prohibited. Renters are responsible for ensuring that all who attend their events comply with the rules.
- Parking must be in designated parking areas only. Driving vehicles on playing fields, tracks, sidewalks, or playground asphalt areas is prohibited. (When necessary to load or unload heavy equipment, one vehicle may briefly (no more than 10 minutes) and carefully be used on the field during loading/unloading. No vehicles may remain parked on the field or sidewalks. The renter will be held responsible for any damage to the school property, sprinklers, etc. that is caused by this or any other rental use.
- Tampering with, modifying or abusing field watering equipment is expressly prohibited.
- Granite Police will be verifying authorization. Renters need to have a written or electronic copy of their confirmed rental form with them every time they use the field.
More information can be found on our website at: https://www.graniteschools.org/facilityrentals/field-rentals/
If you have other questions or need assistance you are invited to contact us at 385-646-4409 for Field Rentals, or at 385-646-4123 for any other type of rental and we will be happy to assist you.