Beginning the 2021-2022 school year, online learning options will be centralized into two platforms: one for K-8 students, and one for 9-12 students. While evidence shows that face-to-face learning is best for most students, families should meet with their school administrator or counselor to carefully consider options and choose the right fit for their student.
Granite Online Live K-12
The Online Live option features live virtual classes taught during specific timeframes during the school day. Instruction includes live virtual interaction with teachers, lectures, discussions, Q&A sessions, and feedback for students during class.
- Classes take place in real-time during the school day (synchronous). Lessons are presented live, and students must log in every school day as if they were attending an in-person class.
- Core courses that meet all academic requirements are provided, along with a selection of elective courses. Honors and specialty courses are not available.
- Students are assigned to Granite Online teachers and staff. K-8 classes are NOT taught by teachers from the student’s home boundary school. 9-12 classes MAY be taught by teachers at the boundary school.
- Students in grades K-8 are enrolled full-time; their entire school experience takes place online.
- Students in grades 9-12 may enroll full or part-time and may also enroll in Online Self-Paced courses.
Granite Online Self-Paced (9-12 Only)
The Self-Paced option is available for students in grades 9-12. These are independent online courses with access to teachers for questions via email as needed. Granite Online Self-Paced offers a variety of elective courses and some (but not all) core classes.
- Part-time enrollment; most students take classes on top of a full face-to-face schedule.
- Students work independently on coursework (asynchronous) and may get assistance from a Granite Online teacher via email.
- Flexible enrollment and completion dates during the school year and summer.
For more information, please contact your principal or student’s school counselor. Formal registration will begin late July/early August.
Back to School Night Information: Coming Soon