Stephanie Wood, Administrator
Leslie George, Registrar
GRANITE ONLINE SUMMER 2021
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER: Keep in mind that this summer is 8.5 weeks (that is 1.5 weeks shorter than usual since school doesn’t get out until June this year and starts earlier next Fall).
- COURSES WILL APPEAR IN CANVAS on Wednesday, June 9
- GRADES APPEAR ON TRANSCRIPT FIRST SEMESTER (and count toward high school GPA)
- We’ve been able to allocate some special one-time funding to pay for the $60 per course registration fees this summer.
Summer Granite Online
- SUMMER 2021 Course Menu
- SUMMER 2021 Course Request--Fill in, print and take to school counselor. Your counselor will get your registered.
- $60 per course during the summer. Non-refundable. Pay at www.granitesdonline.com
- PAYMENT WINDOW for Driver Ed May 13-25. All payments are made in Granite Online Webstore (NOT the same as your boundary school webstore). www.granitesdonline.com
- Classes are a semester (.50 original credit) and take about 60 hours per course. Summer of 2021 is only 8.5 weeks, so plan very carefully. One class is a large commitment in such a short time.
- Students need a Granite Portal login in order to access their course. Ask your boundary school how to login to GSD Portal before June 3.
Important Summer 2021 Dates
- Registration begins April 8
- Registration closes May 6
- Payment due May 13-25
- LAST day to pay for summer classes May 25
- June 9-Classes Begin in Canvas (make sure you can log in to GSD Portal before last day of school). Info coming in March
- Aug 6-Classes end. All coursework must be complete, work submitted, assessments taken by 4pm that day.
- Aug 6-All final exams must be complete. If it is a proctored final, that must be done in the Granite Testing Center, 2500 S. State St.
- Aug 13-Teachers post final grades to the report card (will show and calculate GPA for 1st semester of the school year).
Other summer info:
Driving Range Schedule-Open your Canvas Calendar in your Driver Ed course to view dates/times.
Granite Online during the School Year 2020-2021
Granite Online is a supplementary 9-12 grade program for students wishing to take an original credit course in addition to their regular schedule to “get ahead” in their credits.
- 2020-2021 School Year Registration Form (Fill out and take to counselor)
- School Year Course Menu for Sept 4-April 6 2020-2021
- Courses are delivered online in Canvas and are taken in .25 credit increments during an open enrollment period between September and April.
- Students may only take one Granite Online class at a time and may be dropped for inactivity.
- Wait lists may occur depending on the number of requests.
- Counselors must approve student enrollment in online courses.
- Why only one class at a time during the school year?
- FAQ document (coming soon)
- Course fees during the school year
- Original credit-$0
- Grade Replacement-$30
|Mon 08/24/20||Online registration open with counselors|
|Fri 09/4/2020||Online courses are visible in Canvas for registered students|
|Tue 04/06/2021||Last day to sign up for a school-year online class|
|Tue 05/04/2020||Last day to submit any assignment or assessment of any kind for Granite Online|
Taking a Business Office class? This is a Microsoft Office Certification course–it won’t work with Chrome or Macs for the full course. You will need to download Microsoft Office 365 and use a PC computer.