Limited Services available during the summer.
Granite Online: See your course for instructions for how to take an exam. Summer courses begin June 1.
Seal of Biliteracy is being arranged by Sharon Gracia, 385-646-4543
State Demonstrated Competency Assessment-Limited Testing Available right now
- For students in grades 9-12
- May not have taken any portion of the course at an accredited Utah School before testing
- No cost for exams
- Students may take test once per school year if they do not pass
- No letter grade awarded, only the P and credit toward graduation
- NCAA may not accept credit. Check with your university and NCAA
- Utah Regent’s Scholarship DOES accept results
What is in the Demonstrated Competency Assessment?
This is a test developed with the Utah State Board of Education. The test includes both content knowledge as well as application of that information from state core standards. Successful students typically have had extensive experience in a course, such as a similar course from out-of-state, related coursework, participation in extra-curricular activities or advanced personal/independent study. Students should meet with their counselor and parent/guardian to review previous coursework, standardized test scores or other relevant experience to decide if the student is sufficiently prepared to be successful on the DCA. There are no specific study guides for the assessments, however, students should review the state core standards for the course. There is no cost for students for the assessment.
How do I sign up for a DCA?
The USBE has designated the Granite Testing Center as one of the locations the state test can be proctored. An online request for testing must be made (below) and a test ticket filled out and signed by a Parent/Guardian as well as the student’s counselor. Each test has at least two parts, so two or more testing days will be required; the second session will be scheduled only if the first portion of the assessment is passed. Most tests require only a 2 day advanced notice, however some require up to 3 weeks. Please see the chart below for details.
Request for DCA Testing
Attention Seniors: Students who are currently in 12th grade must begin any DCA before May 1 so that all parts may be taken and then graded prior to May 13, 2020
- Request for Testing Form -Fill out online (best done in the counselor’s office) Seniors may not register for tests after May 1.
- Wait for the email from the testing center to schedule appointment with testing center (only open Mon/Fri 10-4 and Wed 8-2)
- Testing Ticket 2020-2021-Print and bring signed document plus ID to the testing center on test day
- DCA Brochure 2020-2021
- DCA Guidelines 2020-2021
- FAQs for Demonstrated Competency
- Utah Core Standards
The following tests are available for the state Demonstrated Competency:
2 Day notice
ELA 9, 10, 11, 12
Fitness for Life
General Financial Literacy
PE Participation Skills and Techniques
Secondary Math 1, 2, 3
US Government and Citizenship
1 Week notice
World Language (Chinese, Spanish)
|3 Week notice|
|World Language (Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese)|
Testing Center Administrator