In line with the newly announced guidance from the Statewide Coronavirus Taskforce, Granite School District will immediately implement a districtwide two week student dismissal.
Effective immediately, students will be dismissed from daily attendance through March 27. During this time, students will not report to school, but facilities will remain open and staff will report to work as normal, using appropriate social distancing. School will continue on a digital and distance platform.
This is NOT a closure. These are preventative measures to help reduce the spread of disease. This recommendation will continue to be evaluated and further adjustments could be made with ongoing guidance from state and local health officials.
- On Monday and Tuesday (March 16-17), teachers will prepare to teach on the new platform.
- All Granite employees will report to work at their normal contract time and adhere to appropriate social distancing measures.
- Starting Wednesday, March 18 schools will initiate digital and distance instruction. Parents and students who do not have access to technology or a device at home may come to the school to pick up a Chromebook (which will require wifi access at home). Parents will need to sign a checkout form in order to obtain access to a device.
- Hardcopy learning modules will be made available to students who do not have access to the internet at home. Students will not be required to come to campus once digital and distance learning is initiated.
- We will not be able to accommodate student usage of school internet during this dismissal.
- As always, the expectation is that students will be accountable for the work assigned and we ask parents to work with their teachers and children through this very non-traditional instructional platform. Assignment turn-ins, retakes, etc. will be coordinated with teachers through Canvas, email or phone.
- Grab and Go lunches will be provided to ALL students. These will be available Monday, March 16 through Wednesday, March 18, and Tuesday, March 23 through Friday, March 27. Students will NOT be able to eat their lunches on campus. Schools will provide specific information on pickup times.
- School locations that provide breakfast will continue that service in the same Grab and Go service at pickup times that schools will specify.
- Spring Break dates for our district are still applicable (Thursday, March 19th – Student Non-attendance day; Friday, March 20th-Monday, March 23rd – Spring Break).
- All other additional school-sponsored activities are canceled for the next two weeks. This includes extra-curricular activities and other sports practices.
- There will be NO supervision on school property, including playgrounds and play fields.
- Student internships and other external programs are canceled for the next two weeks.
- Adult Education courses are dismissed but the testing center will remain open with appropriate restrictions. Please contact the testing center for information: 385.646.5447
- ALL preschool classes are canceled.
- Community Center parent classes will be cancelled.