The district has intentionally invested in five targeted safety features for all new bus purchases. These features will be available on all school buses as the fleet is replaced along a fiscally responsible timeline. These features include:
- A stop arm camera system that captures video evidence of stop arm violations (e.g., drivers bypassing school bus stop signs, failure to stop for flashing red lights, going around the bus when stop arms are activated, etc.). This helps prevent dangerous driving behavior around buses.
- A crossing arm located at the front of the bus that guides students to cross the street (if they need to) farther away from the bus. This increases their visibility to drivers behind the bus.
- Built-in STAR Seat safety restraints for our youngest students.
- A dash cam that records roadway conditions while the school bus is operating. These cameras keep a record of important details in the event of an accident.
- An HD interior audio/visual system that allows for review of student behavior or any incident on the bus, and keeps drivers accountable.
Questions? Call the Transportation Department at 385.646.4280