Granite Education Foundation has named the 10 recipients of this year’s Excel Award – the top honor for Granite School District educators.
This year’s group includes teachers representing the elementary, junior high, and high levels, specializing in subjects such as Spanish, social studies, and French.
Each awardee was nominated by either a student, parent, or colleague. Once all nominees had been submitted to Granite Education Foundation, the Excel committee undertook a rigorous review over the course of several weeks to determine the winners.
Congratulations the 2021 Excel Award winners:
- Albert Ferrarons-Font – Spanish, West Lake STEM Jr. High
- Jennette Fordham – 4th Grade, Woodstock Elementary
- Jennifer Foulke – 2nd Grade, William Penn Elementary
- Tayler Khater – Social Studies, Skyline High School
- Michael Kraniski – Spanish, Olympus High School
- Becki Monson – Principal, Bacchus Elementary
- Sam Noyce – French, Jefferson Jr. High
- Cynthia Pearson – 1st Grade, Howard Driggs Elementary
- Amy Roper – 1st Grade, Bennion Elementary
- Rachel Sorensen – 3rd Grade, West Valley Elementary
One of the Excel Award winners listed above will be selected as the Granite School District Teacher of the Year. That announcement will be made later in the spring.