Don Adams, assistant superintendent of Support Services, and Justin Naegle, director of Architecture, Engineering & Construction, presented an update on construction and capital projects.
Rick Anthony, assistant superintendent of Educator Support & Development, presented an update on Granite Online Live.
Reverence – Cottonwood High School Choir.
- The board recognized the winners of the Superintendent’s Christmas Card Contest Winners.
- The board recognized Skyline High Girls Soccer as 5A State Champions.
- The board recognized the 2022 Top MGP (Median Growth Percentile) Secondary Schools: Skyline High, Evergreen Junior High, and Olympus Junior High.
- The board recognized Jefferson Junior High science teachers for winning the Utah Science Teachers Association’s Outstanding Middle School Department for 2022.
- The board recognized Academic All-State recipients for fall sports: Emily Biagi (Skyline), Phoebe Chung (Skyline), Sylvie Dance (Skyline), Calla Jordin (Skyline), Anna Morgan (Skyline), Emma Romney (Skyline), Sally Swensen (Skyline), Arli Williams (Skyline), Larkin Hancuff (Kearns), Lucinda Madsen (Skyline), Rosie Nielsen (Skyline), Jackson Currit (Skyline), Andrew Jeppson (Skyline), Trevin Oldham (Skyline), Daniel Qian (Skyline), Jared Prince (Skyline), Josef Johnsen (Skyline), Justice Fons (Skyline), and Eve Wilson (Skyline).
Steve Hogan, director of Planning & Boundaries, presented the Population Analysis Committee recommendation for the proposed school closures of Millcreek, Spring Lane, and Twin Peaks Elementary Schools. The board voted in favor of closing these schools.
Rick Anthony, assistant superintendent of Educator Support & Development, presented Title I. Funding Adjustment Recommendations.
Ben Horsley, Chief of Staff, Shauna Jensen, director of Elementary Schools, and Craig Stauffer, director of Secondary Schools, presented information on the 2024-2025 School Calendar.
The board approved first readings of: Article II.L. – Implementation of Standards and Objectives, Article X.A.4. – Senior High School Graduation Standards and Requirements, and Article V.C.10. – Advertising and Distributing Information as presented by Doug Larson, director of Policy & Legal Services.
The board approved second readings of: Article IX.A.1.a. Nondiscrimination in Employment and
Article IX.A.1.x. Reduction in Force as presented by Doug Larson, director of Policy & Legal Services.
The board recognized board member Terry Bawden for his 16 years of dedication and service to the Granite School District.