Thank you for your interest in our High Quality Preschool program!
- Children must be 3 or 4 on or before September 1 to be eligible. (If your child turns 3 after September 1, you may enroll in our Young 3’s Program during the month prior to their 3rd birthday.)
- Classes are 3 hours per day – morning and afternoon classes are available at most locations. 3-year-olds attend 2 days per week; 4-year-olds attend 4 days per week. Class times are generally 9:00 to 12:00 and 12:45 to 3:45, but may vary based on school needs.
- Our Young 3s Program is 1.5 hours per day, 2 times per week. Tuition is $65 per month, or $75 per month if no one is able to help in the classroom. Your child may begin attending the month of their 3rd birthday — please contact the office for exact start dates.
If you live within the boundaries of a Title I school listed to the right, preschool is fully funded by outside sources (click here if you need to determine which school boundaries you live within). Please note that parents are expected to help in the classroom at least once per month.
If you do NOT live within the boundaries of a Title I school, there is a $40 non-refundable registration fee due at the time of registration. Additionally, 3-year-old tuition is $125 per month if a parent helps in the classroom 9 times per year. 4-year-old tuition is $170 per month if a parent helps in the classroom 14 times per year. If no one is able to help in the classroom, 3-year-old tuition is $140 per month and 4-year-old tuition is $190 per month. Scholarships are currently available for families who qualify for free or reduced school lunch. You may apply using the link below.
Your child’s start date is dependent upon when the registration is complete, including the submission of all supporting documents. Check out our list of registration deadlines and start dates.
STEP 1: Complete our online registration form.
STEP 2: Mail, fax, or email a copy of your supporting documentation:
- birth certificate
- immunization record with the following shots: 4 DTP, 3 Polio, 3 Hib, 4 Pneumococcal, 1 MMR, 3 Hep B, 1 Chickenpox, 2 Hep A
- registration fee (by calling our office with a card number) and first month’s tuition (for current year) OR registration fee (for next year), OR current proof of address (for all Title I students)
Mail: Granite Preschool Services, 2500 S State St, Salt Lake City UT 84115
STEP 3: Watch for your mailed confirmation of class placement (this may take up to 10 business days after we receive your supporting documentation).
All classes fill up extremely quickly and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, in order to get your first choice of class placement, you should complete your registration, including submitting the required documents, right away!
If you need tuition assistance, scholarship applications are now being accepted! Complete the application.
Granite District also offers preschool services for children with special needs. If you suspect your child has special needs, call 385-646-4672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.