State Fee Policy Requirements:
- A maximum fee amount must be set by the board for each activity.
- Fees for individual classes or activities to be combined/totaled.
- A spend plan is required for each fee.
- Must include amounts raised through required group fundraising.
- Voluntary individual fundraising may be offered to a student to help them offset their out-of-pocket portion only, and is not considered part of the fee. Fundraising cannot be required.
- A maximum total aggregate fee amount per student, per year, must be set by the Board of Education.
- The amount of a fee may not exceed the actual expense of the activity or class.
- A fee may not be used to supplant or subsidize another fee or fee waiver.
- All fees are now waivable. If something is provided, sponsored, or supported by a school, it is waivable.
- Districts must ensure there are no disproportional impacts on schools due to fee waivers.