Don Adams, assistant superintendent of Support Services, and Justin Naegle, director of Architecture, Engineering & Construction, presented an update on construction and capital projects in the district.
Brian Ipson, director of Budget Development, gave the 2022 Budget Hearing presentation. The budget has been available on the district’s website to provide the public an opportunity to view and comment.
After the presentation the board opened the meeting to public comment. Following the time allotment for public comment, the board voted to revise the 2021-2022 budget as published in the annual budget book, adopt the tentative 2022-2023 budget (final approval after tax hearing), and set the tentative tax rate to be 0.006323 (subject to changes in the certified tax rate). The date of the truth in taxation hearing is forthcoming.
Reverence – Miles Fawson, Olympus High School Sterling Scholar recipient
- The board recognized the Career and Technical Student Organization winners: the DECA team, and 2021-2022 Presidential Scholar recipient Alan Mo.
- The board recognized Sterling Scholar award recipients for 2021-2022 – Vivek Anandh (winner, Computer Technology) and Miles Fawson (winner, Instrumental Music).
- The board recognized Academic All-State recipients for spring sports – Logan Luker, Lindsey Nelson, Makaylee Wilberg, Isaac Chapman, Kaden Thomas, Kael Whitney, Andera Thomsen, Robert Bonde, Samuel Elliss, Alli Flygare, Andy Tran, Karter Sandquist, Julia Nguyen, Madeline Winters, William Spence, Hallie Zimmerman, Sydney Maxfield, Eliza Meier, Madeline Larkins, Matthew Thomas, Anne Coon, Reed Miles, Elizabeth VanOpstall, Jennifer Ong, Joshua Gilmore, Kalista Leggitt.
- The board recognized individual state champion athletes – Angel Nunez (Hunter, Swimming), Michael Cherchlo (Skyline, Tennis), Gunnar Wollar (Skyline, Tennis), Kyle Rasmussen (Skyline, Tennis), Sam Stewart (Skyline, Tennis).
- The board recognized the state champion Skyline High School speech & debate team.
- 2023 Board Meeting Schedule
- LAND Trust Amendments
- Salary Schedules for Employee Groups
Steve Hogan, director of Planning & Boundaries, presented an update on current population analysis studies in the district. Following the presentation, the board voted to continue with the Van Winkle/700 East Corridor Study, and voted to discontinue the Skyline, Olympus & Cottonwood Study and await the outcomes of current efforts being made to address the goals of the study.
The board approved second readings of Article V.C.14. Employee Code of Conduct and Article V.C.7. Disruptive and/or Unlawful Acts and Trespass as presented by Doug Larson, director of Policy & Legal Services.