All students will successfully navigate their school experience and graduate from high school with the knowledge, skills, and disposition necessary for lifelong success in a changing world.
Equip every student with academic, social, and emotional supports necessary to transition from elementary school to junior high school and high school graduation – college and career ready.
Serve every student through a personalized educational plan, collaborative classroom activities, and school wide events and provide timely support and response to students and families with critical needs.
Ensure that each student is equipped to navigate the school system successfully with: the best educational plan; knowledge of individual interests and abilities; the ability to set and work toward goals; parent involvement; and, the ability to plan for school success today and for the future.
What Do We Do?
The College and Career Readiness Department is comprised of a continuum of programs, services, and supports that augment and enhance students’ Pre K-12 experiences.
- PreK-12 Counseling Program – PreK-12 Social Work, Secondary School Counseling
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports – Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS), Behavior Specialists, Behavior Health Assistants (BHAs), Student Support Process
- College and Career Readiness Outreach – College Application Events and Activities, FAFSA, College Access Advisors
- Tier 2 College and Career Readiness Programs – AVID, LIA, GEAR UP
- Transition Courses – Sixth/Seventh Grade Transition, Freshman Success
- Crisis Response – Suicide Prevention and Social and Emotional Learning
Outreach Programs and Initiatives
General Education Behavior Specialists
What is college ready?
College ready means that as a high school graduate you have the knowledge and skills necessary to qualify for and succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing college courses without the need for remedial coursework. The Utah Core helps to ensure that you will meet the standards necessary to be successful.
What is career ready?
Career ready means that you graduate from high school with the English and mathematics knowledge and skills needed to qualify for and succeed in a career and prepared for education and training necessary to take you to the next steps in your chosen career path.
How Do We Help?
CCR Department programs and services advocate for equitable educational access and rigorous academic preparation necessary for college and career readiness for all students as they:
- Identify students who need additional supports and services for academic and behavioral success.
- Identify and work to eliminate systemic barriers that restrict access and acquisition of educational preparation necessary for college readiness; especially for students from ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic groups that have been traditionally underserved.
- Ensure that students have access to the full range of options and opportunities available in Granite School District.
Student Planning Guide Spanish
Granite School District Comprehensive Counseling and College and Career Readiness Resource
You must be logged in to post a comment.