GEAR UP works with community and business organizations to help bring meaningful programming to our students and support the district in efforts to increase college going culture and opportunity.
- On-going support for schools in building up their AVID program
- Visit AVID Website
- Online tutoring platform for students to have 24/7 access for homework help
- Visit Tutor.com
- TI MathForward Program: Enhance STEM instruction through the use of TI-Nspire calculators. Professional development for teachers to incorporate the technology effectively into their classrooms and curriculum
- Get more information about TI MathForward workshops and coaching
- Learn More about the TI-Nspire calculator
- Supporting a few of our schools with after school programming and family events.
- Computer Science Major students mentoring both teachers and students during computer science classes in the schools
- Each GEAR UP school has educators training in this social emotional curriculum that encourages students’ resiliency and academic success.
- Visit WhyTry
USU Departments of TEAL, Mathematics & Statistics and Computer Science
- Professional development for teachers, including the opportunity for teachers to take course to be endorsed in Computer Science. Support in summer programming.
Granite School District’s Educational Technology Department
- Technology based summer camp for GEAR UP students
Rocky Mt. Space Consortium
- Hands on professional development for science teachers to enhance project-based learning in their classrooms
Regional Greenpower Challenge
- Schools can receive Goblin Greenpower Electric Car Kits. Students work with the technology to prepare for and participate in the regional Greenpower race
- Learn about race day