GEAR UP works with community and business organizations to help bring meaningful programming to our students and support the district in efforts to increase college going culture and opportunity.
- On-going support for schools in building up their AVID program
- Visit AVID Website
- Online tutoring platform for students to have 24/7 access for homework help.
- Visit Tutor.com
- TI MathForward Program: Enhance STEM instruction through the use of TI-Nspire calculators. Professional development for teachers to incorporate the technology effectively into their classrooms and curriculum.
- Get more information about TI MathForward workshops and coaching
- Computer Science Major students from Westminster supporting teachers and mentoring students during computer science classes in GEAR UP schools.
- Each GEAR UP school has educators training in this social emotional curriculum that encourages students’ resiliency and academic success.
- Visit WhyTry
USU Departments of TEAL, Mathematics & Statistics and Computer Science
- Professional development for teachers, including the opportunity for teachers to take courses to be endorsed in Computer Science, English as a Second Language, and Statistics.
- Support in summer programming.
Granite School District’s Educational Technology Department
- Technology based summer camp for GEAR UP students with field trips, team building activities, and advanced design/engineering curriculum.
Claim Your Future
- Customized classroom activity sets to encourage students to link current educational choices to future careers and financial stability.
- Visit Claim Your Future Website
- PICO Virtual Reality Headsets are at each school to provide more accessible opportunities for students to take “field trips” to various college/universities, educational field trips, or job site visits.
GEAR UP Science Day with Duane Merrell
- Hands on professional development for science teachers to enhance project-based learning in their classrooms.