As part of a school’s Facebook registration process, we ask that you add our generic Granite District account as a friend and Admin on your page. This account is strictly used to recover your school’s Facebook accounts, and is not used in any other way. Once you have added this account as a friend, we purposefully unfollow you, but remain friends so that your Facebook posts do not show up on our timeline.
Before you can create a Facebook page for your school, you must first have a personal Facebook account. Facebook pages cannot exist without first being tied to someone’s personal account. An additional admin cannot be added to a Facebook page unless a current admin of that page is friends with the person being added as an admin.
1. Add Granite District as a Friend
- Log in to Facebook using the account tied to the school’s Facebook page.
- Go to GSD Facebook. This is the Facebook account you will need to friend.
- Click the ‘Add Friend’ button near the profile picture.
- Once you have added us as a friend, please send an email to email@example.com letting us know this is complete.
2. Add Granite District as a Page Admin
Navigate to your school’s Facebook page, and click ‘Settings’ at the top of your page.
Click ‘Page Roles’ in the left column.
Type a name or email in the box and select the person from the list that appears.
Click the drop down to the right of the name field and select the ‘Admin’ option.
Click the ‘Add’ button and Facebook will then prompt for your password.
Enter your password and then click the ‘Submit’ button to confirm the add.