Prevention and Student Placement’s charge and responsibility is to support the Granite School District in preparing students for college, career and life in the 21st century world by implementing prevention/intervention training, guidance and programs that improve:
- Safe and drug free schools
- Student attendance
- Collaboration with outside agencies
- Student placement via open enrollment and other procedures
- Guardianship and custody support
- Youth in custody programs
- School emergency response and safety plans
- Foreign exchange student placement
Our department supports each school in their efforts to help students access educational services in a safe learning environment, and in helping students avoid activities and behaviors that detract from their educational experience.
We place specific emphasis on the prevention of suicide, drug, alcohol, and tobacco use, bullying, weapons, and unsafe or threatening behaviors. Please visit our program pages for more information.
We strive to facilitate appropriate student placement through our guardianship, safe schools, and foreign exchange student programs. Each of these programs serves students with unique circumstances, allowing them access to necessary educational services. Please visit our program pages for more information.