Per state law a school’s Positive Behavior Plan is to be approved by our district school board. In order to accomplish this, plan’s should be posted to a school’s website by October 1st.
Click here to assign a person other than the school principal as School Behavior Plan designee
Click here to create your School Behavior Plan (sign in to your @granitesd.org account is required)
- When the plan is created an email will be sent to the school principal and to the school designee with a PDF view of the plan and a link to the generated Google Doc that can be edited if needed.
Philosophy of Design:
- A template that covers all the required areas
- § 53G-9-602, § 53G-10-407, R277-400-8, R277-609-2, R277-622-3, and R277-609-4
- New money allocated (between $1000 – $3000) for implementation and for Behavior Specialist stipend
- A positive behaviors specialist shall annually submit a written report to the LEA governing board detailing how the positive behaviors plan was implemented in the prior year.
- More product vs. process
- Synthesize and highlight what is already happening
- Some process that can foster new ideas
- Patrons as end target group
- Personalized to each school
- Clean and concise layout for easy readability
- Information and links to increase awareness and understanding
- Highlights a school’s unique efforts to create and maintain a positive school climate
- Easy user interface
- Common points used district wide are already in the plan
- Easy Google Form to add school specific practices