Our district’s template for a school’s Behavior Plan addresses several separate but related state requirements and plans: § 53G-9-602, § 53G-10-407, R277-400-8, R277-609-2, R277-622-3, and R277-609-4.
- Key areas: bullying prevention, suicide prevention, substance abuse prevention, and teaching positive behaviors/fostering positive interactions (these fit great underneath your PBIS umbrella)
- This plan must be updated annually and made available to the public
- New and easy money – strengthen what you are already doing
- § 53G-10-407 (Positive Behaviors Plan) is “a plan to address the causes of student use of tobacco, alcohol, electronic cigarette products, and other controlled substances through promoting positive behaviors.”
- $1000 – Plan Implementation – supplies, materials, equipment, advertising, targeted activities and incentives to increase positive behaviors in schools (cannot be used to purchase food)
- $1000 – Positive Behaviors Plan Specialist stipend (may be split between people – e.g. member of PBIS Team, Leadership Team, or Student Support Team)
- When the plan is created an email will be sent to the school principal and to the school designee with a PDF view of the plan and a link to the generated Google Doc that can be edited if needed.
Click here to create your School Behavior Plan (sign in to your @granitesd.org account is required)
If wanted, click here to assign a person other than the school principal as School Behavior Plan designee