We are excited to provide the GEAR UP Summer Camp for this year’s 9th Grade students! This camp features five days of technology-based learning fun, provided through the GEAR UP Grant for 9th grade students at specific schools.
Current 9th Grade students at the following schools are eligible to attend:
- Cottonwood High School
- Cyprus High School
- Eisenhower Jr. High School
- Granger High School
- Hunter High School
- Kearns High School
GEAR-UP Summer Camp Details
- Ed. Tech. teachers will guide students through experiences with building and programming Edison Robots, creating wearables with circuitry, designing toys of the future, and building, programming, and flying drones.
- Classes will be held from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm on Monday June 14th – Friday June 18th.
- Classes will be held at The Teaching and Learning Center at 5300 West Cherrywood Lane, West Valley City.
- Social Distancing and masking guidelines will be followed, and students per room will be limited.
- Buses from the student’s home school can be provided if needed.
- Students who participate this year will be eligible for the program again next year.
Fill out the linked application and return by May 15, 2021 in one of these ways:
- Email filled-out PDF application to Cherie Anderson
- Return printed and filled out application to the GEAR UP coordinator at your school
- Mail printed and filled out application to:
Granite School District
Ed. Tech. Dept., Rm D229
2500 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Questions about GEAR-UP Summer Camp? Contact Cherie Anderson, Educational Technology Team Leader, by email or phone, 385-646-7112.