Sora (https://soraapp.com/library/graniteut) is a reading and listening app through which students can access thousands of ebooks and audiobooks in Granite School District’s collection. Students can read or listen to these books using a Chromebook, desktop computer, or personal mobile device.
Getting Started with Sora
- Go to https://soraapp.com/library/graniteut using a web browser on any computer or device. If you are using an Android or Apple mobile device you can also download the Sora app from your device’s app store:
- If the Granite Sora sign-in page does not immediately come up, use the setup code graniteut or tap Find my school. (You can click on any school that is part of Granite School District.)
- Enter the username (student number) and password that you use to log in to school computers.
- Tap on the Explore tab to search for and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading or listening right away.
- You can borrow a book for 14 days. You can borrow up to 3 books at a time. You can place holds on books that are checked out.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your borrowed books. From there, you can:
- Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to a book.
- Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
More Sora Instructions
Sora Help | The Sora Help page provides a menu of step-by-step instructions for all the features of Sora, as well as tips for solving problems.
OverDrive App (Old) | This link provides instructions and help for the older OverDrive app, which is still functional and may still be useful in certain situations.
If you have questions about Sora or OverDrive, please contact your school’s library or technology staff. You can also contact Josh Whiting in the Educational Technology Department with any questions.