Level 1 Topics
- Basic Computer Skills
- Beginning Chromebooks
- Presentation Tools
- Digital Citizenship
- Curriculum Programs
- Communication Tools
- SAFARI Montage and Video Resources
Level 2 Topics
- Information and Media Literacy Skills
- Reading and Literacy Resources
- Student Collaboration Using Google or Office 365
- Connecting with the Community
- Personal Learning Networks
- Using a Learning Management System
- Research for all ages using Utah’s Online Library
Level 3 Topics
- Blended Learning
- Create Formative Assessments
- Global Collaboration
- Project-Based and Inquiry-Based Learning
- Student-Produced Multimedia Projects
- Immersive Technologies
For 2018-19 school year, teachers in Granite School District will receive a new, expanded set of “TIP Cards” — Technology Integration Progress Cards. Designed to be a quick desk reference, they provide instructions and tips for classroom technology tools and digital learning resources. Arranged into three levels of difficulty and expertise, the set of 48 cards covers basics like troubleshooting the classroom sound system and setting up Gradebook, as well as intermediate and advanced topics like growing your professional learning network through social media and enhancing a lesson plan with augmented reality tools.
The topic pages linked above expand beyond the quick helps of the TIP Cards by providing video and/or written tutorials for district tools, as well as by curating many of the best digital learning resources available to teachers and students. Both the cards and the topic pages will be added to throughout the school year as new tutorials, tools, and resources are created and provided. School technology specialists and library media educational technology specialists may also add school-specific TIP cards to your collection.
Please keep the cards handy at your desk, and feel free to explore the topics above to find many great resources and helps. If you are looking for help with a specific resource or problem you can also use the “Search this website…” box in the right sidebar. You can always get back to this page by typing edtech.fun into your web browser.
Additional Information and Resources
- Technology Integration Progress Overview (Presentation for Granite Principals)
- Technology Integration Progress Program (Presentation for C-Forum)
- Electronic Copy of TIPS Teacher Tracker
- Electronic Copy of TIPS Schoolwide Progress Report
Do you have a great idea for a new TIP Card to be added to a future expansion pack? Is there content missing from our web pages that you would like to see created sooner rather than later? Let us know via our Request and Suggestion Form.