Registration for 2023-2025 ETEP Cohorts
Our cohorts are full, but there’s still room on the waitlist! Register to be added!
About the Program
The Educational Technology Endorsement Program (ETEP) is a 2-year professional development program provided to a select group of Granite teachers by the Granite Educational Technology Department. It comprises a blend of evening instructor-led sessions, independent online learning, and in-school coaching through which teachers explore ways to leverage classroom technology in a student-centered approach to increase instructional effectiveness and student achievement.
Objectives for this program include:
- Enhance teacher instructional practices by using technology seamlessly in classrooms
- Emphasize project-based learning, constructivist approaches, and student-centered classrooms
- Enrich instructional effectiveness
- Increase student academic achievement
- Support the development of 21st century learners
This program is intensive, with participation in a 2 credit hour course required every quarter. Each course consists of approximately 30 hours of learning and work, including 4 instructor-led sessions as well as 3 independent online modules. One coaching cycle or classroom visit with the school technology coach or an assigned ETEP trainer is required for each course. Participants will also be expected to maintain a reflective journal to show evidence of growth and learning throughout the program. Upon the successful completion of the two-year program, participants will have received 16 credit hours (USBE or SUU) and also can receive their Educational Technology Endorsement upon demonstration of required competencies in classroom practice.
We seek qualified educators who are:
- Enthusiastic about learning, teaching, and technology
- Excellent with classroom management
- Teaching in a style that emphasizes a student-centered classroom
- Willing to adapt teaching strategies to include more student-centered instruction and 21st century skills
- Tech savvy