About the Program
The Educational Technology Endorsement Program (ETEP) is an intensive 2-year professional development program provided to a select group of Granite teachers by the Granite Educational Technology department. It comprises a blend of evening face-to-face sessions and online learning in which teachers explore ways to leverage classroom technology in a constructivist, student-centered approach to increase instructional effectiveness and student achievement. The ETEP program is based on the framework of the eMINTS program, a former educational technology professional development project administered in Granite School District.
Objectives for this project include:
- Enhance teacher instructional practices by using technology seamlessly in classrooms
- Emphasize project-based learning, constructivist approaches, and student-centered classrooms
- Enrich instructional effectiveness
- Increase student academic achievement
This program is intensive, with participation in a 2 credit hour course required every quarter. Each course includes 4 face-to-face sessions as well as a monthly online component. At the successful completion of the two-year program, participants will have received 18 credit hours (USBE or SUU) and also receive their Educational Technology Endorsement.
The district provides the following for each participant:
- Teacher Chromebook
- 18 hours of college or lane change credit. 8 credit hours in year one, and 10 credit hours in year two (one online course during the summer.) (Participant must pay for SUU credit. USBE credit is free.)
- Educational Technology Endorsement on teaching certificate. (Participant must submit paperwork and pay fee to USOE.)
We seek qualified educators who are:
- Enthusiastic about learning, teaching, and technology
- Excellent with classroom management
- Teaching in a style that emphasizes a student-centered classroom
- Tech savvy
2018-2019 ETEP Class Schedules
- 2018-2020 ETEP Cohort – Year 1 – Wednesday
- 2018-2020 ETEP Cohort – Year 1 – Thursday
- 2017-2019 ETEP Cohort – Year 2 – Wednesday
- 2017-2019 ETEP Cohort – Year 2 – Thursday
Registration for the 2018-2020 cadre is now closed. If you have any questions about the ETEP program please contact Jenny Peirce in the Educational Technology department.