Registration for 2021-2023 ETEP Cohorts
Registration for the 2021-2023 ETEP Cohorts will open on May 7.
About the Program
The Educational Technology Endorsement Program (ETEP) is a 2-year professional development program provided to a select group of Granite teachers by the Granite Educational Technology Department. It comprises a blend of evening instructor-led sessions, independent online learning, and in-school coaching through which which teachers explore ways to leverage classroom technology in a student-centered approach to increase instructional effectiveness and student achievement.
Objectives for this program include:
- Enhance teacher instructional practices by using technology seamlessly in classrooms
- Emphasize project-based learning, constructivist approaches, and student-centered classrooms
- Enrich instructional effectiveness
- Increase student academic achievement
- Support the development of 21st century learners
This program is intensive, with participation in a 2 credit hour course required every quarter. Each course consists of approximately 30 hours of learning and work, including 4 instructor-led sessions as well as 3 independent online modules. A fully online summer course is also required. A coaching cycle or classroom visit with the school technology specialist or an assigned ETEP trainer is expected for each course. Participants will also be expected to maintain a reflective journal to show evidence of growth and learning throughout the program. Upon the successful completion of the two-year program, participants will have received 18 credit hours (USBE or SUU) and also receive their Educational Technology Endorsement.
We seek qualified educators who are:
- Enthusiastic about learning, teaching, and technology
- Excellent with classroom management
- Teaching in a style that emphasizes a student-centered classroom
- Tech savvy