With Skype for Business, you can message, call and share your screen with others in the district. Skype for Business is installed on all district computers, and it is also available as an app for mobile devices.
You will need to find Skype in your Start Menu and open it the first time you log in to a computer to connect your Polycom phone. After you open Skype the first time, it will open automatically.
- To find someone through Skype, begin typing their last name in the “Find someone or dial a number” field. This will search through our district’s global address list.
- Hover over the profile picture or icon next to the name of the person you would like to contact. This will bring up the quick action buttons.
- Click on the quick action button for how you would like to contact that person. Quick action buttons include (from left to right):
- Video Conferencing
- Contact Card
- You can also make phone calls by directly dialing
a number on your Polycom phone.
For additional help with Skype for Business, view these resources:
- Skype for Business 2016 Quick Start Guide
- Skype for Business Video Trainings
- Skype Help Documents – Granite I.S. Help Desk (require AD credentials)