Elementary students and staff can get a head start this summer reading books for next year’s Best Books Challenge!
Granite’s Elementary Best Books Challenge continues the Granite Battle of the Books trivia competition program, heading into its fifth year, while adding more ways for students and schools to participate and interact with the books on the lists, including writing contests and more casual school community read-togethers. Find all sorts of details about becoming involved with the program at bestbooks.granitemedia.org.
3rd-4th Grade Best Books Reading List (2020-2021)
- Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look [Sora Ebook | Sora Audiobook | School Library | SLCO Library]
- Chester Nez and the Unbreakable Code: A Navajo Code Talker’s Story by Joseph Bruchac
- Framed! by James Ponti
- Fight of the Century: Alice Paul Battles Woodrow Wilson for the Vote by Barb Rosenstock
- Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
- Inkling by Kenneth Oppel
- The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste
- Lety Out Loud by Angela Cervantes
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary
- Operation Frog Effect by Sarah Scheerger
- Over the Moon by Natalie Lloyd
- Peter and Ernesto: Sloths in the Night by Graham Annable
- Stargazing by Jen Wang
- Wayside School Beneath the Cloud of Doom by Louis Sachar
5th-6th Grade Best Books Challenge List (2020-2021)
- Bold & Brave: Ten Heroes Who Won Women the Right to Vote by Kirsten Gillibrand
- Chasing Space (Young Readers Edition) by Leland Melvin
- Clean Getaway by Nic Stone
- Cub by Cynthia Copeland
- I Can Make this Promise by Christine Day
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- Let ‘Er Buck! George Fletcher, People’s Champion by Vaunda Micheaux Nelson
- Lost Girl by Anne Ursu
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart
- Strange Birds: A Field Guide to Ruffling Feathers by Celia C. Pérez
- The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster by Jonathan Auxier
- This Was Our Pact by Ryan Andrews
- The Way to Bea by Kat Yeh
Granite Best Books Challenge Website
Visit the Best Books Challenge website to find out more information and get involved. If you have additional questions about the program please contact Marci Bishop, Elementary Library Media Specialist in the Educational Technology Department.
This post is part of our Summer Reading and Learning 2020 blog post series. For even more summer ideas, browse our Summer Learning + Reading 2020 Pinterest Board or visit the Summer Resources page of the main district web site.
You must be logged in to post a comment.