Microsoft Outlook is the email and calendaring program of Microsoft Office, and is the primary means for Granite School District staff to access their email accounts. Microsoft Outlook has several formats to meet users’ needs in various situations:
- Microsoft Outlook 2016, a desktop email client
- +Office 365 Outlook Mail+, a web-based email client
- +Outlook apps+ for mobile devices
Outlook 2016 is installed on all desktop computers (PC and Mac) in Granite School District. If you are accessing your email on a computer assigned to you for day-to-day use, Outlook 2016 provides the best experience and most options for managing your email, calendars, and contacts.
To open Outlook 2016 in Windows 10, click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen to open the Start Menu, and then click on the Outlook 2016 tile.
The first time you use Outlook 2016 on a computer you must configure it to your email account. On district computers this a semi-automated process in which you click “Next” through various pre-set options, enter your current district password, and then wait momentarily for the software to load and your email messages to appear in the client.
For additional help with Outlook 2016, view these resources:
- Outlook 2016 Video Trainings
- Outlook 2016 Quick Start Guide (Downloadable PDF)
- Outlook Settings and Help Documents – Granite I.S. Help Desk (requires AD credentials)
+ Indicate future links to TIP content pages not yet completed. +