There are many ways to provide opportunities for your student to practice Spanish at home, even if you do not speak the language. Here are some resources and ideas to help.
Books & Articles in Spanish to Read On-line
- Newsela– Newspaper articles for students in Spanish. You can choose the Lexile reading level of the article.
- National Geographic for Kids in Spanish
- Wilbooks-Some free digital books in Spanish
- Commonlit– Free article for students to read in Spanish
Exposure to Spanish
- Check out books in Spanish at the library. You can search the catalog for Spanish books. You can also take your child to bilingual story time at your local library.
- Turn on the Spanish audio track and Spanish subtitles on many of your student’s favorite movies.
Games in Spanish
- Aula 365
- Little Explorers Spanish/English Picture Dictionary
- Links to Spanish Resources and Games
- Rockalingua– though it is a subscription based service, it does offer several free videos and songs for children to enjoy.
- Spanish Playground
Science in Spanish
- Mystery Science- Offering free trial of 200 distance Science lessons through June 2021. Though the videos are in English, you can find Spanish transcripts for the movies and Spanish activities to go with the movies.
Song in Spanish
TV Show Web Sites with Spanish Activities
Granite District does not endorse any of these sites and is not responsible for the content on any of these pages.