Our GSD Ed Tech Tuesdays professional development sessions for teachers continue in November 2019. Join us at the GEC on November 5, 2019 or at the TLC on November 19, 2019 to explore strategies for developing computational thinking skills.
In the digital age, computational thinking skills are necessary for educators and students alike. In this session we will look at ways to promote and develop computational thinking skills throughout the curriculum.
If this topic doesn’t fit your needs or you can’t make it on these dates, we have numerous other sessions throughout the year. Classes are held on the first Tuesday of each month at the Granite Education Center (Room D-228, on the second floor of the five-story building) and on the third Tuesday of each month at the Technology Learning Center in West Valley City. Future session topics:
- Strategies for Developing Computational Thinking Skills (November 5 or 19)
- Integrating Digital Citizenship and Digital Literacy Skills (December 3 or 17)
- Personalized Learning (January 7 or 21)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Tools for Photography and Images: Photoshop & Lightroom (February 4 or 18)
- Adobe Spark (March 3 or 17)
- Design Thinking (April 7 or 21)
Additionally, we are offering a Makerspace series on the second Tuesday of some months.