The next sessions of our GSD Ed Tech Tuesdays professional development series start up right after Thanksgiving Break. Join us at the GEC on December 3, 2019 or at the TLC on December 17, 2019 to explore digital citizenship and digital literacy skills.
In the last couple of years, there has been a shift in focus for how we teach our students about digital citizenship. We will take a look at this shift, discuss why it’s more important than ever to teach and promote digital citizenship and digital literacy in our classrooms, and take a look at some curriculum and methods for teaching digital citizenship and literacy.
If this topic doesn’t fit your needs or you can’t make it on these dates, we have numerous other sessions throughout the year. Classes are held on the first Tuesday of each month at the Granite Education Center (Room D-228, on the second floor of the five-story building) and on the third Tuesday of each month at the Technology Learning Center in West Valley City. Future session topics:
- Integrating Digital Citizenship and Digital Literacy Skills (December 3 or 17)
- Personalized Learning (January 7 or 21)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Tools for Photography and Images: Photoshop & Lightroom (February 4 or 18)
- Adobe Spark (March 3 or 17)
- Design Thinking (April 7 or 21)
Additionally, we are offering a Makerspace series on the second Tuesday of some months.