The Breakfast in the Classroom program takes the traditional school breakfast approach and improves it with one key ingredient: the classroom. Breakfast becomes available to all children and it’s served after the opening bell.
- Studies show that kids who eat a healthy breakfast have better memory recall, make fewer errors, and are more attentive.
- Not all children are able to eat at home. Whether it’s due to a limited budget or limited time, many students go without breakfast all together. Breakfast in the Classroom is a free program for students, and ensures that each one gets an opportunity to eat a healthy breakfast every school day.
- It requires minimal work. It can usually be accomplished alongside the routine morning activities in the first 10 to 15 minutes of the day. And because kids clean up their own area, all the custodian has to do is pick up the bag of trash outside each classroom.
- It can help reduce tardiness, absences, and even behavior problems. Kids will make a better effort to get to class on time so they don’t miss breakfast.
- It helps students create healthy eating habits for life. Eating a regular breakfast ensures kids get the nutrients they need each day as well as reduces risks of being overweight.
- Students no longer have to choose between eating a healthy breakfast and playing outside with their friends before school.
No child should start the school day hungry.
Thinking about implementing Breakfast in the Classroom for your school? Contact us at 385-646-4321 for more information.
Teachers, take a look at this presentation for tips and best practices: