Studies show that children who eat breakfast at the start of their school day have higher math and reading scores, have broader vocabularies, and perform better on standardized tests. They are able to focus better and have better behavior.
Why Eat Breakfast At School?
- Your body needs to refuel after a long sleep so that your muscles and brain have energy all day.
- Those who eat breakfast are more active, have more energy and more endurance throughout the day.
- You will have an increased ability to remember, problem solve, and concentrate.
- It promotes healthy eating habits and helps kids maintain a healthy weight.
- Arriving on time for school breakfast means you won’t be tardy to class.
- It is convenient for parents and students with busy schedules, saving time in the morning.
- Students eligibility is the same for breakfast as it is for lunch.
Many of the schools in the Granite School District offer breakfast in some form. Check with your school for serving times and start your day off right.